► Christmas Recipes: Side Dishes and Turtle Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Thanksgiving dinner is at your sister’s house this year. Let us give thanks! Tracy Metro for the Kraft Kitchens shares ideas for what you can bring to Thanksgiving dinner and how to get it there it there in one piece.
Festive Layered Dip Recipe
prep time:10 min
total time:10 min
makes: 6 cups or 48 servings (2 Tbsp. dip and 5 crackers each)
1 tub (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese Spread
1/2 cup BREAKSTONE’S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
1/4 cup MIRACLE WHIP Dressing
1 cup TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Thick ‘N Chunky Salsa
2 cups KRAFT Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 green pepper, finely chopped
2 green onions, chopped
1. MIX first 3 ingredients;spread onto bottom of shallow 1-1/2-qt. bowl.
2. TOP with all remaining ingredients except crackers.
3. SERVE with crackers.
Classic Bacon Spinach Salad Recipe
prep time:15 min
total time:15 min
makes: 6 servings
5 cups torn spinach leaves
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
4 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled
3/4 cup KRAFT CATALINA Dressing
1. TOSS all ingredients except dressing in large bowl.
2. ADD dressing; mix lightly.
– Prepare as directed, adding 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, grilled, cut into strips.
– Prepare as directed, substituting 1/4 cup OSCAR MAYER Bacon Pieces for the cooked and crumbled bacon.
– Spinach can hold a lot of dirt and must be thoroughly washed before using. To clean, fill a large bowl with water, then swish spinach around in water until most of the dirt comes off. Repeat process 2 or 3 times, using clean water each time, until no more dirt clings to the spinach. Rinse thoroughly under running water and remove hard stems. Spin dry in salad spinner and/or pat dry with paper towels. Use immediately or store in refrigerator up to 4 days.
Turtle Pumpkin Pie Recipe
prep time:15 min
total time:1 hr 15 min
1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. caramel ice cream topping, divided
1 HONEY MAID Graham Pie Crust (6 oz.)
1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. chopped PLANTERS Pecans, divided
2 pkg. (3.4 oz. each) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
1 cup cold milk
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
1. POUR 1/4 cup caramel topping into crust; sprinkle with 1/2 cup nuts.
2. BEAT next 5 ingredients in large bowl with whisk until well blended. Stir in 1-1/2 cups COOL WHIP; spoon into crust.
3. REFRIGERATE 1 hour. Top with remaining COOL WHIP, caramel topping and nuts just before serving.
– At 10 servings, this tasty pie is a perfect dessert to feed a crowd.
– Need some ideas for how to use the leftover canned pumpkin? Go to kraftfoods.com for recipe suggestions, such as Pumpkin Raisin Bars.
– Store leftover pie in the refrigerator.