Want to try a new dessert for Thanksgiving? This Cranberry Custard Pie is the one to make. Custard with cranberry filling and sugared cranberries on top of a flaky piecrust. Mmm! To view more Thanksgiving recipes, visit http://www.publix.com/thanksgiving.
Recipe: Cranberry Custard Pie
Total Time – 35 minutes | Active Time: 15 minutes | Makes 8 Servings
– 1 lemon, for zest/juice
– 4 cups cranberries (thawed, if frozen), divided
– 1 teaspoon corn syrup
– 3 cups sugar, divided
– 1 (14.1-oz) ready-to-bake rolled piecrust
– 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
– 4 eggs
– 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
– 1/2 cup flour
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
– 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
– 1 tablespoon raw sugar
1. Zest/grate lemon peel (no white; 1 teaspoon); squeeze lemon for juice (2 tablespoons). Place 1 cup cranberries in bowl with corn syrup and toss to coat; add 1 cup sugar and stir to coat cranberries. Transfer cranberries and any sugar in bowl to air-tight container; chill until ready to use.
2. Unroll one piecrust and place in deep 9-inch pie dish; trim crust, leaving a 1/4-inch overhang. Chill until ready to use.
3. Place in large bowl: cream cheese, eggs, remaining 2 cups sugar, and butter; beat with electric mixer 3 minutes or until smooth. Add flour, vanilla, lemon zest, juice, and salt; beat 2 minutes more. Gently stir remaining 3 cups cranberries into egg mixture.
4. Pour filling into crust. Unroll remaining dough for top crust; place over the filled pie. Trim dough to 1/4-inch beyond edge. Fold top crust under bottom crust and seal the edges by pinching or crimping with a fork; brush top crust lightly with water and sprinkle with raw sugar.
5. Cut a few slits in top of crust to allow steam to escape; chill 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 450°F. Place pie dish on a baking sheet (for ease in handling); bake 10 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350°F. Bake 35–40 more minutes or until crust is firm and golden. Cool on a wire rack before serving; garnish with sugared cranberries. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/8 recipe) 720kcal; FAT 25g; SAT FAT 11g; TRANS FAT 0g; CHOL 115mg; SODIUM 390mg; CARB 119g; FIBER 3g; SUGARS 82g; PROTEIN 7g; VIT A 8%; VIT C 15%; CALC 4%; IRON 8%
Publix is the largest and fastest-growing employee-owned supermarket chain in the U.S., with over 1,100 stores in six states throughout the Southeast. As part of our mission to be the premier quality food retailer in the world, we continuously aim to provide exceptional service to our customers. Publix—where shopping is a pleasure.
Connect with us!
-Check out Publix on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/publix
-Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/publix
-Follow us on Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/publix
-Follow Publix on Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/publix
-Visit Publix online: http://www.publix.com