Welcome back to my channel!
Thanksgiving is peaking around the corner so I thought I’d do a mini thanksgiving series. I always do thanksgiving with my friends and was looking for inspiration on new dishes. So I thought, why not film the dishes and gives me a chance to warm up for the big day (win win). Keep an eye out on upcoming thanksgiving dishes =)
These two very simple and easy dishes are so quick to make which can also be added to your normal meals.
SWEET POTATO SALAD:
2/3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into thin wedges
1 cauliflower, cut into florets
1 onion, cut into quarters
500g Mixed leaves
handful pomegranate seeds
1. Toss sweet potatoes, onions and cauliflower together in a baking tray, drizzle olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
2. Place into a preheated oven at 200C for 25mins or until golden brown.
3. Assemble the salad, add mixed leaves onto the dish, add sweet potatoes, cauliflower and onions. Add pomegranate seeds and grate parmesan on top.
4. Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar on top and serve =)
COURGETTE + CORN:
2/3 courgettes, chopped
200g tinned sweetcorn
2 cloves of garlic, minced
handful of coriander, chopped
Olive oil, for cooking
1. Drizzle some olive oil (about 1tbsp) into a hot pan (medium heat), add minced garlic. Cook until fragrant, about 2 mins.
2. Add courgettes and cook for about 3mins, add sweetcorn and cook for a further 2 mins until courgettes are tender.
3. Season with salt and pepper, add in coriander and 1/2 lime juice, combine it altogether. Transfer into your serving dish.
4. Grate parmesan on top and serve =)
Hope you guys enjoy these really easy side dishes to add to your thanksgiving meal.
Thanks for watching as always and see you guys in the next one.
INSTAGRAM // TWITTER : @jenneyQ
Captured in Nikon D7200 // 35mm lens
Edited in iMovie
Edited by Jennifer Quan