BUY MY COOKBOOK: http://cookiescupcakesandcardio.com/?…
Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER here: http://madmimi.com/signups/28657/join
Read the blog post here: http://cookiescupcakesandcardio.com/?p=7909
Today we’re going to make a chocolate easter egg cake covered with Cadbury mini eggs.
Visit my blog at: http://cookiescupcakesandcardio.com
Edible Chocolate Nests Video: https://youtu.be/SjNHnY_uh8k
– Vanilla cake batter
– Gel paste coloring
– Vanilla buttercream https://youtu.be/rjqOTM5icOE
– Cadbury Mini Eggs
– Chocolate Nest
1. Prepare cake batter and buttercream.
2. Divide cake batter into four equal portions in four different bowls.
3. Color them in pastel pink, pastel yellow, pastel green, and pastel blue.
4. Place into four baking pans and bake for 25-30 minutes.
5. Allow to cool completely on a drying rack.
6. Place one cake layer on a cake board or platter, and cover in buttercream. Stack a second layer on top and cover in buttercream. Repeat with 2 more layers of cake. Cover the entire cake in buttercream.
7. Separate mini eggs by color and add to the cake two at a time. E.g. place two yellow mini eggs, then two pink, then two blue, then two green and repeat that pattern all along the base of the cake. When moving up to the second row of mini eggs, make sure that you place the eggs, off to the right slightly from the ones below.
8. When at the top, make a ring of one single color around the outside edge of the cake. Switch colors and make a second ring, working towards the center. Repeat with single color rings until you reach the center.
9. Place the chocolate nest on top.
10. Slice with a sharp knife, and serve when desired. The cake is best consumed within 2-3 days and should be kept in the fridge.