Baked Chaklis, perfect low-cal treat for weight-watchers!
Recipe link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Baked-Chaklis-3961r
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Tarla Dalal Blogspot: http://tarladalal.blogspot.in/
This simple and delicious recipe is a real treat for weight watchers. Chaklis, the popular indian snack, is usually deep-fried and contains loads of calories. Here’s how to make them with 1 tsp of oil to near perfection by baking them in an oven. Munch them at anytime of the day when hunger strikes.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Baking time: 35 to 40 minutes.
Baking Temperature: 180°C (360°F)
Makes 30 chaklis.
1 cup rice flour (chawal ka atta)
1/2 cup low-fat curds (dahi)
2 tsp sesame seeds (til)
1 tsp chilli powder
a pinch of asafoetida (hing) , optional
salt to taste
1 tsp oil
1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough water.
2. Put the mixture into a chakli press and press out round swirls of the dough onto a greased baking tray, working closely from the centre to the outside to the swirls (approximately 50 mm. (2″) diameter). You will get about 30 chaklis.
3. Bake these chaklis in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 30 to 35 minutes, turning all the chaklis once after 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Cool and store in an air-tight container.
Handy tip :
1. Adding 1 tbsp of oil instead of 1 tsp in this recipe reduces the cooking to 25 minutes and also makes the chakli a little softer.