Producer IG: @finnfinnyfinn
If there’s one thing that fires off my gag reflexes, it’s chicken breasts. Everything about it…the excessive chewing, the texture that processes in my brain as a combination of sawdust and rubber bands, the dryness in my esophagus as I try to swallow the tasteless, lump of protein. But I’ll eat it. Sometimes. Sometimes against my will. This recipe, however, has changed my perspective, because not only does it satisfy all the sensations of my taste buds with it sweet, yet savory, and crunchy, yet smooth texture, but it also makes a crap ton of leftovers, and I’m all about that meal prep life.
1.5 lb. Chicken Breast Tenders
1 inch Fresh Ginger, sliced
1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
1/2 cup Grapes, halved
4 Stalks Celery, sliced
1/4 cup Slivered Almonds
1/4 cup Avocado Mayo (1 egg, 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice, 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt, 1 cup + 1/4 cup Avocado Oil)
1 Tablespoon Curry Powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric
pinch of Cayenne
3 Scallions, sliced
1. Bring a pot of water to a rapid boil, then place chicken, ginger, and pepper in pot. Cover and allow to cook for 10 minutes.
2. Once chicken is no longer pink in the middle because that’s disgusting, remove from pot and set aside to cool.
3. In a large bowl, mix the grapes, celery, almonds, mayo, and curry powder.
4. Once chicken is cooled, dice into bite size pieces and mix into the large bowl.
5. Garnish with scallions, and enjoy!
•Free-range chicken breast tenders, organic celery, scallions, organic red grapes, ginger – Trader Joe’s
•Avocado oil – Costco
•Primal Kitchen Avocado Mayo – https://thrivemarket.com/primal-kitchen-avocado-oil-mayo?utm_source=google&utm_medium=pla&utm_campaign=Primal%20Kitchen&utm_content=863699000108&ccode=10DACQ161209&ccode_force=1&gclid=Cj0KEQiAqdLDBRDD-b2sv6-i6MsBEiQAkT3wAuRwo1mO-3yvcftRcnf64eBfQqS5yjxfp6E2z_x9rTwaAvfu8P8HAQ
•Kitchenaid immersion blender – https://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-KHB1231WH-2-Speed-Blender-White/dp/B005MMNAYE
•Cutting board – https://www.etsy.com/shop/ShopWoodchen
Chef: Kayla Baumgardner
Producer: Tommy Finn
Special Guest: Nico Cianciarulo