1 lb. ground pork, 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes, 2 teaspoons of herbes de provence, 1 egg, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup of chopped flat leaf parsley, 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan, 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/4 to 1/2 cup olive oil (if non-stick skillet, use 1/4 cup; if regular skillet, closer to 1/2 cup)
1 24 oz. jar of marinara sauce, 2 tablespoons basil
1. Put ground pork in a bowl. Season with salt (to taste). Add crushed red pepper flakes, chopped rosemary, egg, parmesan cheese, sour cream. Add bread crumbs and parsley last.
2. Mix all of the ingredients together thoroughly.
3. Roll several evenly sized meatballs. (This recipe should make about 15).
4. Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan over high heat. (If you’re using a non-stick pan, 1/4 a cup of olive oil should be fine. In a regular skillet, 1/2 cup of olive oil.) Turn down the heat slightly just before adding the meatballs to avoid splatter.
5. Place meatballs in the pan (and keep them spaced apart. We did ours in batches). Brown on each side for 3-5 minutes. Cook until medium-rare. The point isn’t to cook them until they are well done because they will finish cooking in the next step.
6. Once browned, transfer to a pot containing the tomato sauce on low heat. Let simmer over low heat for 20 minutes.
MUSIC by Broke for Free: “Only Knows” (available here — https://soundcloud.com/broke-for-free/only-knows)
Thanks for watching! Don’t forget to rate, comment, & subscribe!