Cooking with The Kitchen Consigliere: Pork Chops Joey | Angelo cooks Pork Chops Joey and chats about former mob boss Joey Merlino with co-host Marnie Hall.
Recipe: Pork Chops Joey
– 8 center-cut pork chops (about 3-1/2 pounds)
– 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 (12-ounce) jar whole hot cherry peppers
– 1/2 cup red or white table wine
– 2 (16-ounce) cans baked beans, preferably vegetarian
Salt, pepper, minced garlic (bottled or fresh), and chopped fresh parsley to taste
1. Rinse chops and dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic and parsley. Rub the seasonings into the meat.
2. Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add chops (in two or three batches if necessary; do not crowd). Cook over medium heat until partially cooked, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove from pan and arrange in a large casserole dish or baking pan.
3. Meanwhile, drain peppers, cut in half, and remove stems and seeds. Raise heat to high and add peppers and wine to skillet. Bring to a boil and cook until the mixture reduces and thickens, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the beans, reduce heat to medium-high, and cook until further reduced and thickened, about 4 minutes. Pour pepper-bean mixture over chops.
5. Bake, covered, in a preheated 350-degree oven until chops are thoroughly cooked, about 25 to 30 minutes.