The recipe for these Sous Vide Cherry-Rubbed Pork Chops couldn’t be easier. We will dry brine the pork chops overnight, then cook for 1 hour a 137 degrees F using the Sous Vide technique with the Anova Precision Cooker. The last step is to finish the pork chops in a cast iron skillet. Now, let’s get started!
• 3, 1.5-inch boneless pork chops
• 2 tablespoons salt
• 3 tablespoons butter
• 2 teaspoons Mary’s Cherry Rub (more info below)
• 2 sprigs of thyme or rosemary
1. Do dry brine the pork chops, sprinkle both sides of the pork chops with the salt. Place on a rack on a baking pan (so air can circulate under the chops) and then let sit in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours.
2. Using paper towels, wipe the surface of the pork chops to get rid of any excess salt. You do not need to rinse the pork chops in water.
3. Set the Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 137°F.
4. Season with Mary’s Cherry Rub.
5. Place in a large zipper lock or vacuum seal bag. Seal the bag using the water immersion technique or a vacuum sealer. Do not seal the pork chops back-to-back. This will increase cooking time.
6. Place the bag in the Sous Vide water bath and set the timer for 1 hour.
7. When the timer goes off, remove the pork chops from the water bath and pat dry with paper towels.
8. Using a cast iron skillet heat 2 tablespoons of the butter on medium-high heat until melted and slightly brown.
9. Sear the pork chops for about 1 minute. Use a spatula or tongs to check on the browning, then flip when ready. Add another tablespoon of butter and spoon over the top as the bottom side browns.
10. Let the chops rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
Thanks for watching another one of our videos! If you liked this episode, click that subscribe button, so that you will know when new videos are available. Please share and like this video and don’t hesitate to ask questions of leave feedback in the comments section. We try to reply to all questions and suggestions within 24 hours.
Mary’s Cherry Rub
Mary's Cherry Rub
Armadillo Pepper Hot Sauce, BBQ Sauce, Jerky & Snack Store
Connect with Armadillo Pepper on Google+, Facebook & Pinterest
Please watch: “Korean BBQ Pork Ribs | Gourmet Guru Kamado Grill”