Make delicious and crispy tempura battered shrimp for sweet and sour shrimp in your Copper Chef pan! Your whole family is going to love this recipe. Find the full recipe below.
1 lb med shrimp peeled and deveined
½ cup green, and red pepper diced
¼ cup onions diced
½ cup pineapple diced
1 cup Sweet and Sour sauce
7 cups of Canola Oil for frying
2 cups tempura batter
¼ cup corn starch
1 ½ cup club soda (cold)
1 cup flour
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 egg beaten
oil heated to 375 degrees
1. In a bowl make the tempura batter first. And keep cold until ready to use
2. Add all the dry ingredients, then the club soda and egg. Mix while adding in liquid, stir until smooth.
1. Add oil to Copper Chef pan, heat on the stove to 375 F.
2. While oil is heating dredge shrimp in cornstarch before dipping in to Tempura batter
3. When oil is hot put the fry basket in the oil.
4. Dip each shrimp in the batter then carefully lower the battered shrimp into the oil.
5. Hold each shrimp by the tail while dipping it in the batter. Then dip the battered shrimp in the oil half way, hold for 2-3 seconds before releasing the shrimp. Repeat until basket is full.
6. When shrimp are golden brown raise basket out of oil, reserve for later.
7. If need repeat until all the shrimp are cooked
8. In a clean bowl add in the shrimp, pineapple, onion and pepper. Pour in Sweet and sour sauce, toss to mix.
9. Serve over white rice.
For more info visit our website at http://www.copperchef.com
Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/officialcopperchef
Copper Chef Square Pan is the Multi-Purpose Non-Stick Pan that replaces your stock pot, rice cooker, baking pan, frying pan, wok, and roasting pan.
Revolutionary square ceramic design and deep-dish sides give you more room to cook more food. Up to 25% more cooking space than traditional nonstick round frying pans.
Plus, Copper Chef features Cerami-Tech Non-Stick Technology so nothing sticks to the pan. This means you can cook anything without any added butter, oil, or grease! Innovative Stainless Steel Induction Technology distributes heat rapidly to all four corners of the pan for even cooking every time.