Bacon Potato Salad is an ultra creamy potato salad with lots of crumbled bacon. Perfect for your next cookout.
With a blend of mayonnaise and sour cream as its base, this creamy potato salad is super tasty. There’s chopped celery, diced pimentos, green onions, and paprika for added flavor. It’s a simple potato salad with the smoky flavor of bacon really taking center stage.
Bacon and potatoes are a natural combination. I mean, what doesn’t taste better with bacon?
If you wanted to simplify things, you could use a packet of bacon bits instead of cooking bacon.
I make potato salad all summer long. It is my favorite picnic and cookout side. I love it with fried chicken, burgers, hot dogs, and bbq. Usually I’m disappointed with store-bought and restaurant potato salads. They rarely have enough flavor. Scroll down for a list of yummy potato salads.
This potato salad keeps ingredients to a minimum but there is still a whole lot of flavor.
Bacon Potato Salad Recipe Tips:
- I use russet potatoes, but red potatoes or Yukon Gold potatoes could be used instead and they don’t have to be peeled.
- For best flavor and seasoning, add salt to the water you boil the potatoes in.
- If you want to make this potato salad spicy, add 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Will keep in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days. Cover well with plastic wrap.
More Delicious Potato Salad Recipes To Try:
- Southern Potato Salad
- Creamy Dill Potato Salad
- Creole Potato Salad
- Jalapeno Popper Potato Salad
- Caesar Potato Salad
- Loaded Ranch Potato Salad
Bacon Potato Salad
- 3 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 celery ribs, finely diced
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons diced pimentos, drained
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender. Drain.
In a large bowl, stir together mayonnaise, sour cream, salt, pepper, and paprika.
Once potatoes have cooled slightly add to the bowl with the mayonnaise mixture. Stir to coat the potatoes.
Stir in celery, green onions, pimentos, and bacon.
Check for seasoning and add more salt if desired.
Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
The post Bacon Potato Salad appeared first on Spicy Southern Kitchen.
Original source: https://spicysouthernkitchen.com/bacon-potato-salad/