Cream Cheese Filled Carrot Cake- you get double the cream cheese with this exceptionally moist carrot cake. Makes a wonderful Easter dessert!
With a hidden cream cheese center AND a cream cheese frosting, this carrot cake is fabulously decadent. With 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, this cake is spiced to perfection.
Vegetable oil and 3 full cups of shredded carrots give the cake a wonderfully moist texture. A combination of white sugar and brown sugar gives it a rich, sweet flavor.
Cream Cheese Filled Carrot Cake Recipe Tips:
- If you want the cream cheese to be a distinct tunnel in the middle of the cake, you must refrigerate the filling long enough for it to thicken up. I didn’t and my cream cheese spread out quite a bit. Still delicious. You can do it etiher way.
- Be sure to grate your own carrots instead of using pre-shredded carrots. A great deal of the moisture in the cake comes from the carrots and pre-shredded carrots are really dry. Plus you want the carrots to be finely grated so that they are not crunchy in the cake. You want them to just blend into the cake batter.
- This cake only has cinnamon in it which I think adds plenty of spice flavor. If you want a full array of spices, add 1/2 teaspoon of ginger and 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg.
- I think this cake tastes fabulous with either walnuts or pecans so use either.
- Will keep in the refrigerator for 5 days and it stays fabulously moist and fresh tasting. Can be frozen for 30 days. Be sure to wrap it well in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Defrost in the refrigerator overnight.
More Carrot Cake Recipes To Try:
- Carrot Layer Cake
- Mama Dip’s Carrot Cake
- Carrot Cake Pancakes
- Pineapple Carrot Cake
Cream Cheese Filled Carrot Cake
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 3 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil or canola oil
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3 teaspoons milk
- 4 cups powdered sugar
Make the filling. Place cream cheese, sugar, and egg in a medium bowl. Use a hand-held mixer to beat until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 45 to 60 minutes.
Once cream cheese mixture has refrigerated long enough to thicken up, make the batter.
First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a Bundt pan with baking spray with flour.
Combine the carrots, granulated sugar, brown sugar, oil, and eggs in a large bowl. Beat until blended well.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
Gradually beat the flour mixture into the carrot mixture. Stir in nuts.
Bake for 55 to 60 minutes. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes and then invert onto a cake stand or serving platter. Let cool completely before frosting.
Beat cream cheese and butter with a hand-held mixer until smooth.
Add vanilla extract and 1 cup of powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
Gradually beat in remaining sugar. If too thick, add enough milk to thin it some.
Spread frosting on top and sides of cake.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home
The post Cream Cheese Filled Carrot Cake appeared first on Spicy Southern Kitchen.
Original source: https://spicysouthernkitchen.com/cream-cheese-filled-carrot-cake/