Crescent Chicken Bundles are stuffed with a cream cheese and chicken mixture and baked until golden and flaky. They are pure heaven. Buttery, creamy heaven.
Such a breeze to make for a kid-friendly dinner.
What You’ll Need:
- Cooked Chicken. Use rotisserie chicken, poached chicken, baked chicken, or some that you have cooked in a crockpot.
- A block of cream cheese. Soften it so that you will have an easy time mixing the filling together.
- Milk, half-and-half or cream
- Green onions. You can leave them out if you wish or substitute with a few teaspoons of dried parsley flakes.
- Salt and Pepper.
- Crushed red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper if you want a little heat.
- Seasoned dry stuffing mix. It adds a little flavor and crunch to the exterior, but you can easily omit this ingredient if you don’t have any on hand.
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Melted butter
- Refrigerated crescent roll dough
You can easily add a little steamed broccoli to the filling. Whenever I make these, I make one with just broccoli, no chicken, for my daughter. She is vegetarian. She loves it. I also add a little shredded cheddar cheese to hers.
You can easily cut the recipe in half to make 4.
The unbaked bundles can be frozen for up to 2 months. Place them in the freezer on a baking sheet. When they are partially frozen, transfer them to a ziplock freezer bag. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then bake according to recipe instructions, adding a little baking time if they are still partially frozen.
I adore the buttery flavor of crescent rolls. A tube of crescent roll dough makes it simple to make a quick and easy dinner.
Try these other recipes using crescent dough:
- Crescent Lasagna
- BBQ Chicken Crecent Pinwheels
- Cheesesteak Crescent Braid
- Reuben Crescent Rolls
Crescent Chicken Bundles
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons whole milk or half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 (8-ounce) tubes refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup crushed seasoned stuffing, Stovetop or Pepperidge Farm is what I use
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a baking sheet.
In a large bowl, use a hand-held mixer or a wooden spoon to mix the cream cheese, 2 tablespoons melted butter, milk, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes together.
Stir in the chicken and green onions.
Unroll the crescent roll dough and separate it into 8 rectangles. Try to stretch them a little into more of a square shape. Press on the preforations to seal them.
Divide the chicken mixture evenly between the 8 pieces of dough, placing it in the center of each piece.
Bring the edges of the dough up to the center to form a bundle and press to seal the edges.
Place them on the prepared baking sheet. Brush the tops with the remaining 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
Sprinkle the tops with the stuffing mix and Parmesan cheese.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and bake according to recipe directions. You will have to increase the baking time some if they are still partially frozen.
The post Crescent Chicken Bundles appeared first on Spicy Southern Kitchen.
Original source: https://spicysouthernkitchen.com/crescent-chicken-bundles/