Crock Pot Mississippi Chicken and Noodles has tons of shredded chicken, tender noodles, and lots of kick from pepperoncini peppers. This recipe is a combination of two really popular recipes: Mississippi Chicken and Chicken and Noodles.
This recipe is really simple to make. No need to pre-cook anything. Just add the chicken, a packet of Ranch seasoning, a packet of Au Jus Gravy, some pepperoncini peppers and juice, and butter to a 6-quart crockpot. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours. The packets of Ranch seasoning and Au Jus add tons of flavor and saltiness to the chicken.
After 5 hours, you’ll shred the chicken and add 4 cups of chicken broth and the frozen noodles. Cover and cook on HIGH for one more hour. The starch from the noodles turns the cooking liquid into a slightly thickened gravy that is so, so tasty.
Crock Pot Mississippi Chicken and Noodles Recipe Tips:
- For this recipe, you’ll want to use Reames Frozen Noodles. They have a homemade, hearty texture that other noodles don’t have and they are much thicker.
- I like to use chicken thighs because they stay so tender and moist in the crock pot. You can use chicken breasts instead and cook them for 1 less hour.
- I use regular chicken broth because I like salty foods, but you may want to use low-sodium chicken broth if you don’t like a lot of salt. The Ranch seasoning and Au Jus Gravy already have a great deal of salt in them.
More Chicken Crock Pot Recipes:
- Easy Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings
- Crock Pot Chicken and Dressing
- Crock Pot Chicken Parmesan
- Sour Cream and Bacon Crockpot Chicken
- Crock Pot Catalina Chicken
Crock Pot Mississippi Chicken and Noodles
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 packet Ranch seasoning, I use Hidden Valley
- 1 packet Au Jus Gravy
- 10 pepperoncini peppers
- 1/3 cup of juice from pepperoncini pepper jar
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into 6 slices
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 24 ounces frozen egg noodles, I use Reames
Place chicken thighs in a 6-quart crock pot. Sprinkle with Ranch and Au Jus seasonings.
Add peppers and pour pepperoncini pepper juice over chicken.
Scatter butter slices evenly over chicken. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours.
Open crock pot and shred the chicken. Add broth and stir in frozen noodles. Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
The post Crock Pot Mississippi Chicken and Noodles appeared first on Spicy Southern Kitchen.