I have a not-so-basic version of a core recipe that is essential to our dinner (and therefore our general) well-being: Crockpot Mexican Chicken. This healthy southwest-spiced chicken is tender and juicy, a little bit smoky, and crying to be tucked into tortillas, scattered over chips, mixed with rice burrito-bowl style, and more.
From quesadillas to even salads, we haven’t run out of ways to use this crockpot chicken yet. I’m not concerned. It’s so darn tasty and healthy to boot, I am content to continue to brainstorm more ways we can enjoy it. So far, I’ve come up with 10 different ideas—be sure to check them out later in the post!
Making Mexican chicken in the slow cooker is one of those “coming of age” foundational kitchen hacks that will suit you at any and every phase of life.
- New to cooking? This recipe is easy and indisputably delicious.
- Cooking for a busy family of picky eaters? These flavors are appealing, the chicken isn’t too spicy, and the prep work is short.
- Working on your meal prep game? This chicken is the make-ahead, freezer-friendly, and all-around “I got this” dinner for the deities.
- Trying to eat healthy? This chicken is lean and mean, but doesn’t skimp on flavor.
- Just love Mexican food? <—This is every life phase.
No matter your season of life, chances are you’ve gone the route of dumping a jar of salsa and pile of chicken breasts in the slow cooker together, then call it a day, and you know what? THAT’S FINE. This is just not that recipe.
While I love the ease of the salsa + chicken slow cooker formula, to me it’s always tasted exactly like what it is: bland chicken with some salsa on top.
I want to do better. I know that we can. (more…)
The post Crockpot Mexican Chicken is found on Well Plated by Erin.
Original source: https://www.wellplated.com/crockpot-mexican-chicken/