Easy 3-Ingredient Smothered Burritos- lunch or dinner doesn’t get any easier than these tasty burritos. Load them up with toppings for maximum flavor. This recipes turns frozen burritos into a super economical meal that tastes homemade.
These 3-Ingredient Smothered Burritos are super cheesy and delicious! No one will ever guess you cheated and used frozen burritos. An 8-pack of frozen burritos, 2 cans of red enchilada sauce and shredded Mexican cheese are all you need for this easy Mexican meal. I also like to sprinkle a few sliced pickled jalapenos on top. Yum!
How To Make Easy 3-Ingredient Smothered Burritos:
- Place the burritos in a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Pour the enchilada sauce on top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours.
- Sprinkle the cheese and jalapenos on top. Cover and cook until the cheese is melted. This will ony take a few minutes.
- Serve! Customize them with toppings for maximum flavor.
What to Serve with Slow Cooker Smothered Burritos:
- I love to place them on top of shredded iceberg lettuce. Add some toppings: sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro, black olives, diced avocado, and hot sauce are all delicious with these burritos.
- Mexican Rice
- Spicy Black Beans
3-Ingredient Smothered Burritos Recipe Tips:
You can use either beef burritos or bean and cheese burritos to make this meal vegetarian.
You can use any brand of frozen burritos for this recipe.
No need to thaw or cook the burritos first. Just put them in the crock pot. This is seriously the easiest Mexican meal ever.
Your whole family will love these easy burritos covered in red enchilada sauce and a blanket of melted cheese!
Try These Other Slow Cooker Mexican Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Nacho Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Easy 3-Ingredient Smothered Burritos
- 1 (8-pack) box frozen burritos
- 2 (10-ounce) cans red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- pickled jalapeno slices, optional
Place half the burritos in a 6-quart slow cooker. Pour one can of enchilada sauce on top.
Add the remaining burritos and pour the second can of sauce over them.
Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours.
Sprinkle cheese on top. Recover until cheese is melted.
Sprinkle with jalapeno slices.
The post Easy 3-Ingredient Smothered Burritos appeared first on Spicy Southern Kitchen.