Ham and Noodle Casserole with Broccoli is a creamy, cheesy casserole that’s perfect for using up leftover ham. With a crunchy, buttery cracker crumb topping, this one dish meal is pure comfort food.
Every Easter we have leftover ham and while ham sandwiches are great, I like to turn it into other things too. Check out this list of leftover ham recipes.
A cheesy casserole with broccoli is a delicious way to breath new life into ham. It’s perfect for when you have just a little bit of ham to use. The recipe calls for 2 cups of ham but you could make it with 1 cup. You could also toss in a little leftover turkey. Casseroles are great for getting rid of your odds and ends.
Made with egg noodles, a creamy mixture of condensed chicken soup, sour cream, and milk plus seasonings, two kinds of cheese and a crunchy cracker crumb topping. This easy casserole is pure comfort food.
Ham and Noodle Casserole Recipe Tips:
- Try using peas instead of broccoli.
- I use a combination of cheddar cheese and mozzarella, but you could use any cheese you like. Swiss cheese and Parmesan would be great too.
- The noodles will cook more in the oven so undercook them just slightly.
- This casserole can be assembled ahead of time and refrigerated and then popped in the oven just before dinner.
- Leftovers reheat well and will keep in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days in an airtight contanier.
Try These Other Leftover Ham Recipes:
- Ham Pot Pie
- Ham Lasagna
- Creamy Ham and Tortellini Soup with White Beans
- Pineapple and Ham Cheese Ball
- Ham Tetrazzini
- Cheesy Ham and Potato Chowder
Ham and Noodle Casserole with Broccoli
- 8 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups diced cooked ham
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli florets, steamed until crisp-tender
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 14 Ritz crackers, coarsely crushed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
Cook the egg noodles in salted water according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Tip: Cook them towrds the shorter end of the suggested cooking time.
Stir together chicken soup and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
Add noodles, ham, broccoli and all but 1/2 cup of cheese. Stir to mix evenly.
Tarnsfer mixture to prepared baking dish. Cover with foil and bake 25 minutes.
Uncover, sprinke remianing cheese on top. Combine melted butter and cracker crumbs and sprinkle them on top.
Return to oven uncovered for 10 minutes.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
The post Ham and Noodle Casserole with Broccoli appeared first on Spicy Southern Kitchen.