Have some fun with hummus, crackers, veggies and fresh mozzarella. This spooky graveyard brings happy haunts to your snacking.
Created by: Ingrid Gangestad
Hands-on Time: 20 min | Total Time: 20 min | Serves: 10 | Difficulty: Medium
1 container (10 oz.) Sabre Class Hummus or other favorite flavor
Oval-shaped buttery crackers or thin melba toast
1 Tbsp. cream cheese
3 Ciliegine fresh mozzarella cheese, or other small mozzarella balls
Black decorator gel
2 to 3 black olives, pitted
2 to 3 fresh broccoli florets
Assorted fresh vegetables, such as baby carrots, celery sticks, bell pepper strips and cucumber slices
1. Spread hummus evenly on serving plate in about 7-inch diameter circle or square.
2. Cut 1 end off of each cracker. On rounded end, pipe tombstone message using black decorator gel. Place cracker upright into hummus, using a bit of cream cheese for glue, if needed. Sprinkle poppyseed in front of each tombstone to resemble dirt.
3. Cut olives in half. Use one half for body of spider and cut other half into small slices to form spider legs. Place spider on platter.
4. For each skull, on cheese ball hollow out eyes and nose with tip of knife. Slice a small piece of cheese from either side of nose to shape skull. Pipe decorator gel into eyes and nose holes. Place on graveyard.
5. Clear hummus from a few places on serving plate. Spread cream cheese on bottom of broccoli stems and glue onto plate. Serve with additional crackers and fresh vegetables.
Watch all of our Halloween Recipe Ideas here:
Subscribe to Kroger’s YouTube Channel today for more tasty recipes and how-to’s! https://www.youtube.com/user/kroger?s…
CONNECT WITH KROGER: