Instant Pot Country Style Ribs- you won’t believe how tender and flavorful country-style ribs cooked in a pressure cooker are. Wonderfully juicy and slathered in bbq sauce. These ribs have lots of smokiness.
Country-style ribs are one of my favorite cuts of meat.
What are Country-Style Ribs?
They technically aren’t ribs at all. They are cut from the end of the loin near the pork shoulder and contain small pieces of shoulder blade. Compared to ribs, they are almost all meat. I find they have just the right amount of fat and cook up wonderfully ten
Country-Style Ribs are deicious baked in the oven, but so much better made in the pressure cooker. So tender, juicy and moist. Cooking them in the pressure cooker greatly reduces the cooking time.
Tips for making:
- This 6-quart Instant Pot is perfect for cooking countrys style ribs.
- Use your favorite bbq sauce for this recipe. I like one thats thick, smoky, and both sweet and spicy.
- I like to give the ribs a quick broil at the end after slathering them with bbq sauce.
What to serve with Instant Pot Country-Style Ribs:
- Corn on the Cob
- Creamy Mac and Cheese
- Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes
More Instant Pot Recipes:
- Instant Pot Cowboy Beans
- Instant Pot Southern Green Beans
- Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Shredded Chicken
Instant Pot Country Style Ribs
Instant Pot Country Style Ribs- you won't believe how tender and flavorful country-style ribs cooked in a pressure cooker are. Wonderfully juicy and slathered in bbq sauce. These ribs have lots of smokiness.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 to 4 pounds country stlye ribs
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 2/3 cup bbq sauce, (plus more for serving)
Combine all rub ingredients in a small bowl.
Sprinkle the rub over all sides of the ribs and rub it in. If possible refrigerate for 30 minutes to 8 hours.
Place beef broth and liquid smoke in a 6-quart or larger Instant Pot.
Add ribs. Pour bbq sauce over ribs. Place lid on. Set to Pressure Cook on high for 40 minutes. Make sure the valve is in sealing position.
Do a natural pressure release for 15 minutes and then manually release the remaining pressure. Remove lid.
Carefully remove ribs from the Instant Pot and place them on a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil. Drizzle them with more bbq sauce and broil them until they start to get bubbly and a little charred.
Recipe adapted from The Salty Marshmallow
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
The post Instant Pot Country Style Ribs appeared first on Spicy Southern Kitchen.
Original source: https://spicysouthernkitchen.com/instant-pot-country-style-ribs/