Toffee Chocolate Chip Bars- the flavor combination of toffee and chocolate chips makes these bars hard to resist. So buttery, sweet and good!
Bars are one of my favorite things to bake. They are easy, don’t take long to bake, make lots of servings, and leftovers are easy to store and keep well.
Besides a bag of toffee chips, the other ingredients you are likely to already have on hand: butter, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder, vanilla extract, and chocolate chips. For the toffee bits, I like to use Heath English Toffee Bits.
You’ll need an electric mixer to mix the batter together. A hand-held mixer works fine. And if you don’t have a mixer, a wooden spoon will work fine. You will just get an arm workout.
How To Make Toffee Chocolate Chip Bars:
- Line a 9×13-inch baking dish with foil or parchment paper so that the bars can be easily removed once they are baked.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar together until creamy. I use light brown sugar, but dark brown sugar can be used if that is what you have.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a separate bowl. Mix half of it into the batter. When combined add the second half and mix it in.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and toffee bits.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees for 26 to 30 minutes or until golden brown on top. Let cool before slicing.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container or ziptop bag for 4 to 5 days. Can be frozen for up to 2 months.
Makes a great base for an ice cream sundae.
More Delicious Bar Recipes:
- Easy Chocolate Caramel Bars
- Sugar Cookie Bars
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Nutella Fudge Bars
Toffee Chocolate Chip Bars
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 1 (8-ounce) bag toffee bits
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9×13-inch baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
Use an electric mixer to beat butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until creamy.
Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract.
Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
Add half the flour mixture to the mixing bowl and beat on medium-low until mixed in.
Beat in remaining flour.
Stir in chocolate chips and toffee bits.
Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake for 26 to 30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Let cool before slicing.
The post Toffee Chocolate Chip Bars appeared first on Spicy Southern Kitchen.
Original source: https://spicysouthernkitchen.com/toffee-chocolate-chip-bars/